Are you looking to get more comments and traffic to your blog?
Of course you are, that’s a dumb question for me to ask. All bloggers want those two things.
However, I WANT targeted traffic and comments from people that are interested in my content. Preferably, build some real conversations right? Conversations that lead to people coming back and you finding new content ideas.
I’ve enjoyed some comment challenges recently. It’s fun to get out there and find blogs you might not have found otherwise. The only problem was they really didn’t seem targeted enough. I’m going to see if I can fix that issue.
Reasons to join the SelbyMedia Mom Blogger CommentFest:
- More comments. Let’s start with the obvious. We all love to log on and see new comments to our blogs. Especially comments that add to what we are saying.
- Find new readers. Hopefully we wrote an awesome blog post and they want to read more on the site. Joining our newsletters is icing on that particular cake.
- Targeted traffic. The other participants will be Mom bloggers. This means they are interested in the topics you are writing about.
- Backlinks. Since this is a CommentFest full of other Mom bloggers your link in your comment URL is more relevant. Hopefully, helping to build your PR up.
- Social media follows. We’re going to take this CommentFest to the next level and also follow to social media accounts. We’ll share each post to our social media accounts as well. Keep that party going!
This first CommentFest will be for Mom bloggers only. If you are a Momma and talk about being a Momma or step-Momma then you are in. There’s no reason not to join in this free marketing fest.
As long as you are willing to do the weeks worth of work that’s going to come up with it. No slacking here. You’re going to need to hit each persons blog post within a weeks time.
What’s required if you sign up?
- Write an amazing post that has to do with being a Mom. Parenting, cooking, Mom giveaway, whatever has to do with being a Momma. Write up a kick ass post you want to show off and have us shout out to the world for you. ***This isn’t for business posts or tips to improve your blog. (I’ll do one of those later)***
- Your post needs to be written by Monday, March 24 at Midnight. At that time if your url isn’t sent in, it won’t be added. I’ll send you a form to fill out with your post info.
- Leave a good comment on each post in your group. Since this is the first run, I have no idea how many we might have in each group. A good comment means you’ve added to the conversation.
- Click through and like or follow their social media accounts. Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and any others you also have accounts with. (this means YOUR accounts should be right up there in top of your navigation so people can easily follow you)
- Push their post on your social media accounts. Have social media share buttons on your posts so this is easy for all of us.
We’ll slam social media along with the comments. Sharing is caring after all.
PUSH THIS SIGN UP PAGE!
The more we can get to sign up the better all our posts will do in commentfest. Send it to your newsletter list, write up a little post about it, send it to your social media accounts. The more we have sign up, the more exposure your blog post is going to get.
Are you ready to hit a lot of blogs and get new traffic to you as well?
Get to thinking on that post as soon as you join below. Your post will need to be written by Monday, March 24. Don’t wait. Start writing it now so you can tweak it.
To join in on commentfest, sign up below and you will get more information.